Chemical Dosing System
Our knowledge enables complete chemical quality control of the steam water cycle. We are the first company to offer dosing systems that match the sampling and analysis system, whilst keeping all interconnected control equipment in one hand to assist the end-user.
- Maximize your plant’s efficiency
- Minimize the cost of ownership
Basic Function & Layout
An accurate and reliable sampling & analysis system as well as an efficient chemical dosing system is crucial for your plant’s efficiency and longevity. We maintain optimal chemical conditions by measuring particular chemical parameters and dosing chemicals. This ensures there will be no corrosion inside your boiler piping, no stress corrosion, cracking of metals, and no deposits on internal surfaces of turbine blades, and minimal need for drum water drains.
Chemicals are dosed into the Steam / Water cycle through small-sized stainless steel tubing at strategic points, just in front or after the feedwater pumps (Ammonia, for pH elevation) (Oxygen Scavenger, for the lowest Oxygen content) and the Drum (Phosphate, for pH elevation and prevention of hardness deposits). Both the Sampling & Analysis system and the chemical Dosing system interact to maintain the best optimal chemical conditions.
To be able to define the number of chemicals to be added or dosed to the steam/water circuit, the chemical dosing station receives feedback from continuous online measurements of pH, conductivity, and dissolved oxygen. These are also influenced by the amount of makeup water added to the (closed) loop system.
All components are mounted on stainless steel or hot-dip galvanized frame construction. The system is divided into sections, one for each chemical to be dosed. Each section is fed out of its own storage tank, with the volumes depending on the chemical concentration and size of the boiler. The tanks are placed at the back of the skid over the grating. The dosing pumps are placed on a little bridge on the front with all interconnecting tubing and ancillaries on an ss mounting plate. This covers the full width enabling the operator to easily execute operational and maintenance tasks.
There is one electrical control panel with operating controls and switches at the front door for the operation of all dosing systems. The skid is equipped with calamity drip pans under each section to capture any leaks and spills from the system.
- Specific knowledge and experience for chemical dosing in Power Plants.
- Only top quality components are used.
- Well built and designed for accuracy and reliability whilst giving a minimal cost of ownership.
- Tailored for your application, complying with your plant’s technical specifications. (Please consult “Technical specification”)
- Meets all relevant international and local codes and regulations. PED, VGB, ASME Sec. VIII div. 1, NACE0175, API 675, IEC, ATEX
- Completely documented, according to your document list.
- Factory tested, site commissioned, with all required QA certificates.
The layout of the systems will be completely customized to your requirements, including:
- Available space
- Preferences regarding ergonomics
- Indoor or outdoor options
- Inside an enclosure
- Together with the sampling and analysis system
- Ex zone or safe area.